The Maryland Insurance Administration is reviewing and evaluating certain regulations codified within Subtitle 15 of Title 31 of the Code of Maryland Regulations, entitled Unfair Trade Practices. Learn more here.
Read the full notice as it appeared in the Maryland Register on March 7, 2014.
Insurance Fraud for the Insurer
- Annual Report of Fraud-Related Data: ONLINE (preferred) or PDF
This form is used to file required data by March 31 of each year.
- Code of Maryland Regulations Title 31 Subtitle 4
Maryland Insurance Administration regulations regarding antifraud plans.
- Fraud Plan Checklist
For compliance with COMAR 31.04.15.05 and .06.
- Checklist: Viatical Fraud Plans
For compliance with Section 27-804, Insurance Article.
- Fraud Referral Form
This form is used to refer cases of suspected fraud to the Maryland Insurance Administration for investigation. Simply print and submit the attached referral form by mail or fax. Our fax number is : 410-347-5350. The form may also be emailed. Simply save the referral form and attach to an email. Our email address for referrals is : email@example.com .
- Additional fraud guidelines and contact information
Health Benefit Plan Rate Filings
Frequently Asked Questions for ACA-Related Rate and Form Filings
Updated March 25, 2013
Submit these forms via SERFF:
- Checklist of Rate Filing Requirements for Individual/Association and Small Employer Group Plans
updated March 12, 2014
- Consumer Friendly Summary Template
updated March 27, 2014
- Part I Unified Rate Review Instructions
updated March 20, 2014
- Part I Unified Rate Review Template v 2.0.2
- Part III Actuarial Memorandum and Certification Instructions
updated March 20, 2014
- Actuarial Value Calculator Documentation
Health Benefit Plan Form Filings
Use these checklists as a guide when submitting form filings for non-grandfathered health benefit plans with policy years that begin on or after January 1, 2014.
Stand-Alone Dental Plan Form Filings
Use these checklists as a guide when submitting form filings for stand-alone dental plans for use on the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange:
- Individual Exchange Dental Plan Organization Coverage
- Individual Exchange Stand-Alone Dental Insurance
- Individual Exchange Nonprofit Health Service Plan Stand-Alone Dental
- SHOP Exchange Dental Plan Organization Coverage
- SHOP Exchange Stand-Alone Dental Insurance
- SHOP Exchange Nonprofit Health Service Plan Stand-Alone Dental
This section assists insurance companies regulated by the Maryland Insurance Administration. Insurance companies can find tools, forms and information to help them conduct business in the state of Maryland.
- General Filing Requirements
Updated: December 13, 2013
- Enter Contact Information in the Event of Any Disasters or Catastrophic Events
(See Bulletin 14-01)
- Report Data for Specific Disasters or Catastrophic Events
- 2011 Increase in Minimum Vehicle Liability Insurance Limits
- Required Notification of Temporary Moratoriums
- MHCC Data Regarding HMO Payments to Non-par Providers
Please be aware of new regulations regarding appointments of producers in Maryland. Reviewing the Producer Enforcement Summary is part of that compliance as of January 2004.
This section provides requirements, instructions and forms to these insurance-related groups.