The Maryland Insurance Administration regulates the insurance industry according to the laws and regulations of the State of Maryland. This section provides links and information to the public regarding those laws and regulations.
Summaries of Passed Legislation
At the end of every General Assembly session, a summary of insurance-related legislation that passed during the session is posted here.
Completed Commissions, Studies, Task Forces and Work Groups
Legislative reports finalized within the past 12 months appear below. Older reports may be found here.
- Report on Limited Lines Insurance
Appendices (48 pages)
January 15, 2014
- Report of the Task Force to Study Temporary Disability Insurance Programs and the Process for Assisting Individuals with Disabilities at Local Departments of Social Services
- Report to Examine Methods to Establish and Properly Regulate a Captive Insurer Industry in the State of Maryland
- Report on the Analysis of the Practices of Corporate Sureties and Individual Sureties in Maryland with Appendices 1 - 12
November 25, 2013
- Final Report of the Workgroup on Access to Habilitative Services Benefits
October 28, 2013