The Maryland Insurance Administration regulates the insurance industry according to the laws and regulations of the State of Maryland. This section provides links and information to the public regarding those laws and regulations.
Summaries of Passed Legislation
At the end of every General Assembly session, a summary of insurance-related legislation that passed during the session is posted here.
Task Force to Study Temporary Disability Insurance Programs
The Task Force to Study Temporary Disability Insurance Programs and Process for Assisting Individuals with Disabilities at Local Departments of Social Services (“the Task Force”) was established by the Maryland General Assembly pursuant to Chapter 394, Acts of 2013 (House Bill 955) with an effective date of June 1, 2013. The temporary Task Force was given a charge to study temporary disability insurance programs and the process for assisting individuals with disabilities at local departments of social services and make recommendations regarding the potential costs and benefits and the potential structure of establishing a State temporary disability program and study and make recommendations regarding the adequacy of the application process utilized by local departments of social services to assist disabled individuals.
- November 6, 2013
Presentation by the Maryland Insurance Administration
Office of the People's Counsel Training
- October 21, 2013
- October 7, 2013
Additional information about this task force can be found at the Department of Human Resources website.
Completed Commissions, Studies, Task Forces and Work Groups
- Report on Limited Lines Insurance
Appendices (48 pages)
January 15, 2014
- Report of the Task Force to Study Temporary Disability Insurance Programs and the Process for Assisting Individuals with Disabilities at Local Departments of Social Services
- Report to Examine Methods to Establish and Properly Regulate a Captive Insurer Industry in the State of Maryland
- Report on the Analysis of the Practices of Corporate Sureties and Individual Sureties in Maryland with Appendices 1 - 12
November 25, 2013
- Final Report of the Workgroup on Access to Habilitative Services Benefits
October 28, 2013
- Report of the Study of Closing or Settlement Practices of the Title Insurance Industry
- Report of the Workgroup on Lead Liability Protection for Owners of Pre-1978 Rental Property
- Commission to Study the Title Insurance Industry in Maryland
- Workgroup on Genetic Testing
- Review of CareFirst Financial Surplus