The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent state agency that regulates Maryland's insurance industry and protects consumers by enforcing insurance laws.
A Maryland Insurance Administration representative is coming to your area! Find out details on our Outreach Calendar.
- File a complaint.
- Report suspected insurance fraud.
- Get help selecting a health plan through Maryland Health Connection.
- Search for information about companies.
- Watch a video or find a brochure to answer your insurance questions.
- Learn how health insurance rates are reviewed.
- Explore resources for consumers.
File and pay annual 2013 Premium Tax by March 17, 2014. Declare and pay 2014 estimated Premium Tax by April 15, 2014. Payments may be made using the Online Premium Tax System.
Read about flood insurance changes due to new mapping that increases flood risk of some properties.