Review of Regulations
The Maryland Insurance Administration is reviewing and evaluating certain regulations codified within Subtitle 11 of Title 31 of the Code of Maryland Regulations, entitled Health Insurance – Group. Learn more here.
Health Benefit Plan Rate Filings
Frequently Asked Questions for ACA-Related Rate and Form Filings
Updated March 25, 2013
Submit these forms via SERFF:
- Checklist of Rate Filing Requirements for Individual/Association and Small Employer Group Plans
- Consumer Friendly Summary Template
- Part I Unified Rate Review Instructions
- Part I Unified Rate Review Template
- Part III Actuarial Memorandum and Certification Instructions
- Actuarial Value Calculator Documentation
Health Benefit Plan Form Filings
Use these checklists as a guide when submitting form filings for non-grandfathered health benefit plans with policy years that begin on or after January 1, 2014.
Stand-Alone Dental Plan Form Filings
Use these checklists as a guide when submitting form filings for stand-alone dental plans for use on the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange:
- Individual Exchange Dental Plan Organization Coverage
- Individual Exchange Stand-Alone Dental Insurance
- Individual Exchange Nonprofit Health Service Plan Stand-Alone Dental
- SHOP Exchange Dental Plan Organization Coverage
- SHOP Exchange Stand-Alone Dental Insurance
- SHOP Exchange Nonprofit Health Service Plan Stand-Alone Dental
This section assists insurance companies regulated by the Maryland Insurance Administration. Insurance companies can find tools, forms and information to help them conduct business in the state of Maryland.
Please be aware of new regulations regarding appointments of producers in Maryland. Reviewing the Producer Enforcement Summary is part of that compliance as of January 2004.
This section provides requirements, instructions and forms to these insurance-related groups.