This section provides instructions, forms and information to companies on various financial and other data filings required by the Maryland Insurance Administration. For information on Rates and Forms Filings, see the Rates and Forms section.
Summary of Maryland Required Filings
This summary is meant to help place insurers, nonprofit health service plans, health maintenance organizations, dental plan organizations, pharmacy benefits managers, producers and other "regulated entities" authorized to do business in Maryland on notice of certain reporting requirements that are enforced by the Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA). The attached summary chart is intended only as a convenient reference and is not a statement of the MIA's interpretation or enforcement of these reporting requirements. This summary is not to be taken as inclusive of all reporting requirements and is not a substitute for full knowledge and compliance with Maryland law and regulations.
- MEMO: Health Care Regulatory and Insurance Regulation Assessment for FY 2014
- Supplemental Filing Form for Health Care Regulatory and Insurance Regulation Assessment for FY2014
(This form is now contained within the annual online premium tax packet for your company.)
The following are due on or before March 1 of each year:
- Certificate of Compliance (Advertising)
- Maryland Health Benefit Plans Annual Report
- Maryland Health Insurance Out-of-State Association Contracts
The following are due on or before June 20 of each year.
- Maryland Approved Surplus Lines Insurers
- Foreign Risk Retention Groups
- Maryland Accepted Reinsurers
- Fronting Reinsurers
- Group Self Insurers for Workers' Compensation
The following is due on or before July 1 of each year:
- Premium Finance Company Initial Registration OR Renewal Registration
Premium finance companies must register to conduct business in Maryland. These forms are to be used for initial registration and renewals.
The following is due on or before September 15 of each year:
Health Company Required Filings
- Reporting Form for Adverse Decisions and Grievances Pursuant to Maryland Insurance Article 15-10A-06
This page contains instructions and the log in for the required quarterly reporting of Appeals and Grievance data by health carriers.
- Semi-Annual Claims Data Filing Instructions for Health Care Companies
- Semi-Annual Claims Data Application
- Semi-Annual Claim Data Filing Form
- Contracting Provider Application
For Contracting Providers entering into Administrative Service Provider Contracts
Refer to Life and Health Bulletin 00-13
- Managed Behavioral Health Care Organizations
Required to be completed and maintained by MBHCOs under Regulation (3) of COMAR 31.10.31
Credit Insurance Required Filings
- Bulletin - Credit Insurance Statistical Experience Reports
October 25, 2006
Life and Health 06-20
- Credit Life and Credit Health Insurance Experience Reports
- Credit Involuntary Unemployment Benefit Insurance Experience Reports
Holding Company Requirements
- Holding Company Filing Requirements and Guidelines
Pursuant to Insurance Article Title 7, Section 7-101 through 7-807
Statutory Accounting Principles
Other Filing Requirements
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Special Permit
Instructions for applying for a special permit to operate in Maryland
- Medical Liability Closed Claim Reporting
Insurers must submit reports within 90 days after the end of each calendar quarter. Call Linas Glemza in Property and Casualty Rates and Forms for the current reporting form at 410-468-2044 or email@example.com.
- Application for Certification as a Public-Private Health Care Program
- Fraud Reporting