Resources for Senior Citizens
Maryland Insurance Administration Publications
Maryland senior citizens are invited to review our wide range of consumer publications on various insurance topics, such as getting help with an insurance complaint from the Maryland Insurance Administration, avoiding insurance scams, and purchasing homeowners and auto insurance. To view these as well as publications on travel insurance, preparing for disasters and the use of your credit history, visit our Consumer Publications page. Below is information specific to seniors:
Local and State Senior Resources
- State of Maryland website
www.maryland.gov connects you to a variety of state and local resources.
- Maryland Department of Aging
- Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
A Service of the Maryland Department of Aging
- County Contacts for Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH)
Information devoted to senior information and services of DHMH, the state agency that oversees Medicaid and health care quality.
- Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program
A program that may help pay for prescription coverage premiums.
- Maryland Office of the Attorney General
Offers a variety of consumer protection services.
- Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
- Senior Medicare Patrol
Learn about detecting and reporting Medicare fraud or address concerns about being solicited to change your coverage through the Maryland Department of Aging's Senior Medicare Patrol.
- Maryland Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Corporation
National Senior Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions: People with Medicare and the Health Insurance Marketplace
A publication by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
The federal agency that administers Medicare and Medicaid services provides information about these services and the Medicare prescription drug program.
- Medicare website
Provides information on Medicare benefits.
- U.S. Administration on Aging
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
A national organization of insurance regulators from throughout the United States that monitors and participates in national insurance issues.