Homeowners and Renters Insurance
Click here for FARM insurance information.
Home Repair Fraud
Courtesy of the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- Consumer Guide to Homeowners Insurance
Provides important information about homeowners insurance, including shopping tips, possible discounts, factors that determine rates, overview of coverage requirements and options, commonly asked questions and information on filing an insurance complaint.
- Homeowners Insurance - A Comparison Guide to Rates (as of February 2015)
Compares insurance rates offered by the state's top-selling homeowners insurers. Also includes an overview of shopping tips, factors that impact rates and information on filing an insurance complaint.
- Tips on Shopping for Homeowners Insurance
- Shopping for Homeowners Insurance
Company/Policy Comparison Worksheet
- Understanding Your Homeowners Insurance Declarations Page
- Why Renters Insurance is a Good Idea
- Consumer Alert - What You Need to Know About Renters Insurance
A Consumer Alert from the National Association of Insurance Commissioner
Advisories and Links to Useful Information
- Consumer Advisory: Can My Homeowners Insurance Company Cancel My Policy If I Am Late Paying My Premium?
July 8, 2013
- Consumer Advisory: My Homeowners Insurance Premiums Are Paid By Mortgage Company. Can I Shop For A Better Rate And Change Insurers?
June 10, 2013
- Consumer Advisory: What Is Umbrella Insurance and Do I Need It?
April 29, 2013
- Consumer Advisory: Will My Insurance Company Pay for a Place to Live If My Home Is Damaged by a Storm?
Oct. 29, 2012
- Consumer Advisory: If a Tree Falls on Your Property
Oct. 29, 2012
- Consumer Advisory: If Your Policy Lapses, Lender May Choose Insurance for You at Your Expense
Sept. 18, 2012