Consumer > Health Coverage
- Consumer Guide to Health Insurance (currently unavailable)
En Español (actualmente no disponible)
- Helpful Tips When Shopping For Health Insurance
- A Consumer Guide to Prescription Drug Plans (currently unavailable)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Health Insurance Rates and the Review Process
(Click here for PDF version)
- A Consumer Guide to Health-Related Resources
- Parents' Guide to Habilitative Services
Advisories and Links to Useful Information
Consumer Alerts and Advisories:
If you did not begin the application process before March 31, call the Consumer Support Center at 1-855-642-8572 to find out if you may be eligible for a special enrollment period.
If you have questions about your application, call the Consumer Support Center at 1-855-642-8572.
Health Insurance Rates and the Rate Review Process
Image: Doctor with child
Companies Offering Coverage
- List - Carriers with Approved Individual Health Benefit Plans in Maryland (for plans taking effect Jan. 1, 2014, or later)
- List - Carriers with Approved Individual Dental Policies
- List - Carriers with Approved Small Group Health Benefit Plans in Maryland (for plans taking effect Jan. 1, 2014, or later)
Alternatives to Comprehensive Health Coverage and Resources
- Maryland Medical Assistance for Families
Medical Assistance for Families will provide comprehensive health care to many more parents and other family members caring for children. Eligibility depends on family size and income.
- Employed Individuals with Disabilities Program (EID)
Extends Medical Assistance health benefits to working Marylanders with disabilities
- Maryland Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Corporation
- Limited Benefit Plans, High Deductible Plans, and Health Savings Plans
Contemplating Options When Comprehensive Health Insurance Isn't Available to You
A Consumer Alert from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Federal Information Regarding Health Plans
This provides information from the U.S. Department of Labor regarding certain federal regulation of consumer health plans, including HIPAA and COBRA.