American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Below are resources to learn about the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and its impact on insurance products. Included are the continuation notice requirements for Maryland small employers.
- Extension of COBRA subsidy eligibility to May 31, 2010
April 15, 2010
Statement of Assistant Secretary Phyllis C. Borzi
- COBRA Subsidy Extension
December 21, 2009
Statement from the U.S. Department of Labor
- Consumer Advisory - What Employees and Employers Should Know About Continuation of Health Coverage When an Employee is Terminated
- Producer Notice - Required Notice of Continuation of Health Care Coverage
April 24, 2009
Reduction of premium under American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009
- ARRA - Model Continuation Notice
For Maryland Employer Groups with Less Than 20 Employees
Revised April 22, 2010
- U.S. Dept of Labor - Employee Benefits Security Administration
Information regarding COBRA Continuation Coverage Assistance under the plan.
- United States Department of Labor
DOL's Main Page regarding its responsibility with this plan.
The Federal Government's website regarding this plan.
- Internal Revenue Service
Information on tax-related provisions